A Unique Educational Opportunity
- A small, nurturing community of approximately 45 students.
- Mixed grade level advisories of one teacher to 7 students meets once a week.
- Target class size of 15 students.
- An innovative and rigorous curriculum focused on academic growth, responsible citizenship and leadership.
- BJC preparation, character development and exploration integral to the program.
- Experiential and place-based approach where students apply academics to real-world tasks and work beyond the classroom walls.
- Partnerships with The Island School and Cape Eleuthera Institute.
- SCUBA certification for Grade 9 students. Religious Studies for Grade 8 students. Study Skills for Grade 7 students.
- Physical literacy, Junior Junkanoo, community service and other extracurricular activities.
- Small group tutoring and homework support available.
- Assistance with boarding school applications: many DCMS alumni have been accepted to boarding schools in the United States earning millions in scholarships for their secondary education.
- Support with high school internships, college applications and scholarships.
- International travel opportunities and summer camp scholarships.
Applications for 2018 - 2019 will be available in January. See button below for last year's application.
Applications due: TBD
Admissions Day and Interviews: TBD
Acceptance Letters Available: TBD
New Parents Meeting: TBD
You must submit an application package that includes: student essays, most recent student report card, and a teacher recommendation. If your application is incomplete, you cannot be considered. It is your responsibility to make sure that the report card and teacher or principal recommendation are delivered on time.
Students will be evaluated based on their application essay, parent-principal interview, teacher recommendation and performance during Admissions Day. A writing sample, reading assessment and math assessment will take place on the Admissions Day. We are looking to build a cohesive and diverse class of students who are a good match for our school’s mission.
Parents must schedule and come in for a parent-principal interview between the beginning of February and Mid-April. Please call the school to schedule a time. Your child's application cannot be considered without the parent interview.
All newly accepted students are required to attend a 6 day summer orientation program during the end of August. Please do not make any holiday arrangements during this time, as your child must participate in this orientation.
Tuition and Financial Aid
DCMS is committed to finding a way for all students to attend our school. All students receive scholarships from our generous donors and we ask families to support DCMS tuition according to their ability to pay.