A Unique Educational Opportunity
- A small, nurturing community of about 45 students.
- Target class size of 15 students.
- An innovative and rigorous curriculum which focuses on academic growth, responsible citizenship and leadership.
- Focus on academic achievement and BJC preparation.
- Experiential approach and project-based learning to apply academics to real-world tasks.
- Partnerships with The Island School and Cape Eleuthera Institute.
- SCUBA certification for Grade 9 Students.
- Sports, Junkanoo, the arts and other extracurricular activities.
- One-on-one tutoring offered.
- Assistance with boarding school applications: many DCMS alumni have been accepted to boarding schools in the United States earning millions in scholarships for their secondary education.
- Support with high school internships, college applications and scholarships.
- International travel opportunities and summer camp scholarships.
Applications for 2017-2018 are now available: See button below.
Applications due: April 14, 2017
Admissions Day and Interviews: Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 9:00AM-12:00PM. If you are absent or late on Admissions Day, your application cannot be considered.
Acceptance Letters Available: Monday May 15, 2017
New Parents Meeting: Wednesday May 24, 2017 at 7PM
You must submit an application package that includes: student essays, most recent student report card, and a teacher recommendation. If your application is incomplete, you will not be considered. It is your responsibility to make sure that the report card and teacher or principal recommendation are delivered on time.
Students will be evaluated based on their application essay, parent-principal interview, teacher recommendation and performance during Admissions Day. A writing sample, reading assessment and math assessment will take place on the Admissions Day. We are looking to build a cohesive and diverse class of students who are a good match for our school’s mission.
Parents must schedule and come in for a parent-principal interview between the beginning of February and Mid-April. Please call the school to schedule a time. Failure to attend the parent interview will mean your application cannot be considered.
All newly accepted students are required to attend a 7 day summer orientation program during the last two weeks in August. Please do not make any holiday arrangements during this time, as your child must participate in this orientation.
Tuition and Financial Aid
DCMS is committed to finding a way for all students to attend our school. All students receive scholarships from our generous donors and we ask families to support DCMS tuition according to their ability to pay.